Amazon hoping to drive Appstore downloads with Christmas week deals
With new smartphones and tablets near the top of just about everyone’s holiday wish list, Amazon is hoping to drive all new users to its Appstore by offering a slew of deals, including free games and even a $5 credit to use on future purchases.
All users need to do is download the latest version of the Amazon Appstore for Android, then download any game or app between December 24 and December 28 to qualify for the $5 credit. In addition, all Amazon Appstore customers will find a paid app for free every day during that time period, including hits like Angry Birds Star Wars II and Where’s My Perry. On top of that, Amazon is discounting other top titles by 50-90%, helping new users get the most out of their flashy new tech presents.
Here are some of the deals Amazon is offering Christmas week:
- Up to 65% off apps and games from top game developers including Electronic Arts, Sega of America and Gameloft on titles such as Bejeweled 2, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Gangstar Vegas, and many others.
- One-day only sale on Office Suite Pro 7 – only $0.99 (originally $14.99) on December 26
- Free App of the Day bundles (savings of over $50):
- December 25 – Free App of the Day Welcome Pack, which includes; My Alarm Clock, Handrite Notes Notepad Pro, Stellarium Mobile Sky Map, Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga, SPC Music Sketchpad 2, PrinterShare Mobile Print, Moon Phase Pro
- December 26 – Free App of the Day Favorites, which includes; Daily Ab Workout, The Lost City, Voxel Invaders, Chimpact, Osmos HD, Fraction Calculator Plus, Ultimate Hangman HD, From Cheese and Business Calendar
Free App of the Day deals:
- December 23 – Draw a Stickman: EPIC
- December 24 – Piano Master Christmas Special
- December 25 – Angry Birds Star Wars II
- December 26 – Where’s my Perry?
- December 27 – Quell Memento
- December 28 – Doodle Farm
“Customers look to Amazon to provide the best deals in the industry throughout the holiday season and the Amazon Appstore is no exception,” said Mike George, Vice President of Amazon Appstore and Games via statement. “The combination of a $5 credit to use in the Amazon Appstore and the expansive deals we are offering for Christmas week will help customers add exciting apps and games to their devices this holiday season.”