New Hires in mobile apps: Wooga, GREE, Tapjoy and more
Hiring in the mobile apps sector was down this week with 20 new hires overall between 11 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, wooga, Inmobi and GREE reported the most activity with three new hires each. The highest profile promotions of the week are Patrick Seybold, formerly of Sony Computer Entertainment America, now Vice President of Global Communications and Marketing Partnerships at Tapjoy, and Harri Koponen, who was promoted to COO from his former position as EVP of consumer products at Rovio.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Nanbo Li, Software Engineer — Li was previously PHP engineer at Centig Culture Communication Group.
- Mounika B, Jr. Game Tester — B graduated with a Bachelor of Technology, Computer Science from the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
- Stephen Flood, Technical Game Designer - Flood comes from being product expert at Future Shop.
- Jameka March, Game Integration Engineer – Sales Engineer — March was previously business systems engineer at OnLive
- Elena Ontiveros, Senior Copywriter – Ontiveros was previously, marketing content writer at UCSF.
- Darren Koepp, Senior User Interface Engineer — Koepp was a Flash and HTML5 developer at Present Creative.
- Ned Bronson, MySQL Database Administrator — Bronson worked as database engineer at Cablevision/Bresnan Communications LLC.
- Shane Geldbach, Business Development — Geldbach previously worked as research assistant at UCLA.
- Ananya Paul, Technical Account Manager – Paul came from being a software engineer at IBM.
- Michael Wright, Partner Manager, North America – Wright was promoted from Business Development, Sprout Platform at InMobi.
- Andrew James Carter, Product Analyst — James used to be a freelance screenwriter.
- Harri Koponen, COO – Koponen was EVP of consumer products at Rovio
- Berian James, Risk Team — James comes to Square after after being a postdoctoral research fellow at UC Berkeley.
- Elizabeth Sampat, Content Designer — Sampat came to Storm 8 from Loot Drop Inc. as a game designer.
- Jason Shifter, Associate Game Designer — Shifter previously worked as game design, production Intern at Nickelodeon.
- Matthew Nguyen, Software Engineer – Nguyen used to be project manager at Global Electronic Technology, Inc.
- Patrick Seybold, Vice President of Global Communications and Marketing Partnerships – Seybold was formerly a Sony Computer Entertainment America executive.
- Jayne Yong, Marketing and Communications — Yong interned as the contemporary music marketer at Barbican Centre.
- Alexander Mamontov, Product Lead, Diamond Dash – Mamontov worked for Gameloft before as an executive producer.
- Sagar Datta, Game Designer – Datta worked for Koolhaus Games before as an assistant producer.