New hires in mobile: Gloops, NaturalMotion and Tylted
Hiring in the mobile apps sector was steady this week, with 24 new hires spread across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, NaturalMotion reported the most activity with 6 hires. There were many notable hires this week, with the highest profile moves being reported at Gloops, venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers and New York-based Tylted.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Phil Hamilton, Associate Game Producer – Hamilton was a freelance musician before joining Big Fish Games.
- Natasha Young, English Editor — Young was previously a writer at MeetYouAtTheShow.com
- Rafael Guerrero, B2C Marketing Analyst — Guerrero was an asistente senior de marketing digital at LFM SAS.
- Yukiharu Tomita, CEO — Japanese game developer Gloops makes a big splash this week with three extremely high profile hires for its new international office. Tomita was formerly an executive director at CAVE Interactive.
- Michael Pole, COO — Next up is Pole, the former co-founder and CEO of Trilogy Studios.
- Greg Suarez, SVP of Marketing — Suarez was previously the North American GM and the vice president of licensing at Glu Mobile.
- Daniel Leahey, Game QA Engineer — Leahey was previously a QA intern at Simutronics Corporation.
- Ruslan Bakhvala, QA Engineer, Game Infrastructure – Whitebox — Bakhvala comes from redStone Tech, where he was a Software QA engineer.
- Stephanie Liaw, Game Artist — Liaw worked previously as a freelance concept designer and illustrator at Luckybird Games.
- Shelton Coutinho, Brand Sales – West — Coutinho was previously an account manager at Yahoo! Search Marketing.
- Megan Quinn, Partner — VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers picks up Square’s former product lead Megan Quinn.
- John Cardwell, Senior Sales Manager — Cardwell was formerly the head of sales at ad2-one.
- Reko Ukko, Design Manager — Ukko comes to NaturalMotion from Remedy Entertainment where he was a game designer.
- Atul Patel, Applications Test Manager — Patel was previously at PassivSystems.
- Ben Geliher, Producer / Product Lead — Geliher was the former lead producer for Moshi Monsters at Mind Candy.
- Bart Yeary, Product Owner — Yeary was a Sr. product manager at iWin before joining NaturalMotion.
- Mark Sheehan, Lead Programmer — Sheehan was a senior software engineer at Ideaworks3D.
- Corey Jackson, Designer — Jackson is the last new hire for NaturalMotion.
- Joni Huhmarniemi, Senior Flash/Mobile Developer — Huhmarniemi was a software architect at Sulake.
- Steven Van Blarcom, Executive Vice President — Tylted also announces several high profile hires. Van Blarcom was previously the VP sales and business development at Entertainment Media Works.
- Stellah De Ville, Creative Director — De Ville was previously the creative director at Clear Channel.
- David Waldman, Strategic Business Development — Waldman comes from Madwood Studios, where he was the VP of development and business affairs.
- Wonny Lee, Director of Marketing — Lee joins Tylted from Gameloft, where he worked as the game monetization manager.
- Christian Montoya, Producer — Montoya was previously a VP of product at OMGPOP.