New hires in mobile: Atari, Square Enix and GREE
Hiring in the mobile apps sector was up again this week, with 28 new hires spread across 14 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE reported the most activity with 12 hires. The highest profile hires of the week belonged to Atari which picked up Giancarlo Mori as executive vice president of product development and Square Enix, which appointed former Namco Bandai Games America CEO Kenji Hisatsune as vice president of global mobile content.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Christopher Lucas, Product Manager — Lucas joins the company’s Tokyo team, overseeing social games on Mixi and Yahoo! Mobile.
- Giancarlo Mori, Executive Vice President, Product Development — Atari makes our list with an executive level appointment. Mori was formely the chief creative officer at Glu Mobile.
- Osazuwa Omigie, Software Engineer — Omigie comes to EA Mobile from RIM, where he was a software designer.
- Estelle Leoni, 3D Artist — Two hires this week at Gameloft. First up is Leoni, who moves up from an intern position with the company.
- Elton Lo, 2D Artist — Second is Lo, who was a background artist at Solis Animation.
- Ivan Lancaster, Animator — Lancaster was an associate animator at The Amazing Society.
- Lauren Wilson, Communications Coordinator — Gree reports a massive 12 hires this week. First up is Wilson, who comes from Zynga, where she worked as a talent coordinator.
- Lex Scheuble, Senior Marketing Project Manger – Scheuble was previously the manager for ad product strategy and sponsorships at IGN.
- Masaki Nomura, Senior Software Engineer — Nomura was previously a lead programmer at SilverTree Media.
- Vladimir Lomako, QA Engineer, Game Infrastructure — Lomako comes from Aeria Games & Entertainment where he was a QA engineer.
- Adam Schwenk, Sr Account Manager DR — Schwenk worked at iWin as a Sr product manager.
- Alex Gaysinsky, Product Manager, Analytics — Gaysinsky was formerly a partner technology manager intern at Google.
- Kseniya Lobanova, Game QA Intern — Lobanova was previously a software QA tester at Rocket Ninja.
- Seth Arnott, Game Artist — Arnott was a concept/production artist at Metamoki before joining GREE.
- Tedo Salim, Software Engineer — Salim was a game engineer at Schell Games.
- Timur Rahmanov, Game QA Intern — Rahmanov was previously a language trainer at Academic Lyceum in Uzbekistan.
- Monique Yin, Associate Marketing Manager, User Acquisition — Yin worked at inMobi as a campaign manager.
- Peggy Liu, Finance & Accounting Analyst — Last up is Liu, who was previously a senior accountant at Elevate Financial Solutions.
- Natalie Stanley, Sales Executive EMEA — Stanley was formerly an account executive at Selective Media Ltd.
- Jorge Barrero, Senior Character & Concept artist — Barrero was a character & concept Artist at 2K Games.
- Guy Goldberg, Affiliate Manager – Goldberg was formerly with Extent Technologies, where he was also an affiliate manager.
- Timothy Faust, User Acquisition — Faust held a position in marketing design & analysis at Bloomspot.com before joining Pocket Gems.
- Anne Kuittinen, Customer Support Specialist — A trio of hires at Rovio this week. Kuittinen joins the company’s customer service ranks.
- Ernest Agulló, Storyboard Artist — Agulló joins Rovio’s art department.
- Ossi Pirkonen, Senior Graphic Designer — Pirkonon was formerly a creative/graphic designer at Laundry Helsinki.
- Kenji Hisatsune, Vice President of Global Mobile Content — The highest profile hire this week belongs to Square Enix, which picks up Namco Bandai Games America’s former president and CEO to lead its mobile team in North America.
- Dan Scheidegger, Game Design Manager — Storm8 makes our roundup with a promotion this week. Scheidegger was previously a Sr. game designer at the company.
- Thinh Ngo, Flash Animator — Ngo comes from 6waves Lolapps, where he was an animator.