New hires in mobile: Gameloft, GREE and PayPal
Hiring in the mobile apps sector was steady this week, with 16 new hires spread across 9 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, EA PopCap and GREE reported the most hires. PayPal had the week’s highest profile move, naming David Marcus as president. Marcus was formerly the company’s vice president of mobile.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Christian Hebert, Quality Assurance Tester – Herbert starts his career with Booyah.
- Allie Ello, Senior Manager, Head of Online Marketing Strategy — A high profile hire for EA-owned PopCap Games. Ello was a group account director at VML.
- William Curtis, Flash Developer – Curtis was previously a software developer at Jolt Online Gaming.
- Joyce Zhang, Executive Assistant – Zang was formerly a sales & operations coordinator at Warner Bros. Television.
- Tom Price, Product PR Manager — Gameloft’s biggest hire this week is Price, who comes to the company from a journalism background. He was previously the executive editor at GamePro Magazine.
- Diego Barragán López, Game Economy Design Expert — López gets a promotion. He was previously the studio lead game designer at Gameloft’s Barcelona studio.
- Scott Mathews, QA Tester — Mathews was formerly a test associate I at Microsoft Game Studios.
- Bruno Jamir, Game Engineer — Jamir was previously a game developer at Gameloft.
- Kyle Hecht, Translator — Four hires for GREE this week. Hecht was previously a subtitler and translator at the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival.
- Tomomi White, Executive Assistant — White has extensive experience in roles as a was a human resources and executive administrator.
- Marissa Marquez, Web Developer — Marquez was previously was a front-end web developer at CBS Interactive.
- Remi Spector, Marketing Associate — Spector was formerly an associate director of leadership gifts at the United Way.
- Sujin Kim, Head of Agency Business, Korea — Kim was previously in business development at eBay.
- Matthew Hamel, User Interface Developer — Hamel was an IT systems admin at Contractors Precast corp.
- David Marcus, President — While not strictly a mobile hire, Marcus’ promotion from vice president of mobile to president of PayPal is certainly of note to our readers.
- Brett Richardson, Sales Representative — Richardson was previously an officer at Excursion Santa Barbara.